- When Digg launched, Kevin kept his day job and worked on Digg in the nights and weekends.
- He hired his initial developers on elance-- one in India and one in Nova Scotia. This worked initially, but he hired local developers as the site grew to deal with scalability issues.
- As the founder and CEO, he was the face of the company. He recommended Gary van der Chuck - "Personal Brand."
- Start a podcast. It's a very cheap way to get publicity.
- Use the blog to get PR.
- Even now, Digg is launching new products with rented servers and Amazon S3 for storage.
Nov 7, 2008
Digg's Kevin Rose - "How to Be Scrappy"
Digg's founder Kevin Rose talks about "how to be scrappy" based on his experiences at Digg: